Before you set up your Amazon autoresponders on MySellerPal, ensure that you add: email@example.com as an authorized email sender. Otherwise, your emails won't send. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Amazon Seller Central and click on Messages.
2. Go to Authorised Emails.
3. Go to +Add an email address field.
4. Add firstname.lastname@example.org then click on Save.
Once you had done the steps above you may now proceed in setting up your email autoresponders (check out My Seller Pal's free email template here) using the following steps.
Important notes about your email autoresponders:
- We only send one email per email template per amazon order ID.
- We will never send the same email template to a customer more than once - even over multiple orders or different ASINS
- This default behavior greatly simplifies understanding of our email system and prevents customers from getting duplicate emails.
- We understand that in some rare cases you may have an email template that applies to multiple ASINs and a customer may buy different products that relate to one of your templates. The system will not send additional emails for the template to the same customer. We’ve made this tradeoff to make our email system to understand and default to the most useful behavior for the most orders.
1. On your MySellerPal, go to Email Autoresponders then click on Email Definitions.
2. Click on "New Autorespond Email".
3. Select the applicable Amazon Marketplace that the autoresponder is intended for.
4. Type in your Internal Email Title. This will not be visible to your customers and is just for your reference. Click on Create Email.
5. Once Email Definition has been added, go to Edit Email.
6. Put in the ASINs of the ordered products that the email is intended for, separated by a comma. If there is a parent ASIN, use the child ASINs.
If you want a generic email to be sent to all ASINS, type in the word "all" (not case-sensitive, without quotes) or the asterisk sign (*).
7. Type in your Buyer Email Subject.
8. Go to Buyer Email Body and type in your message. Please note of the Amazon allowed HTML and supported variables that you can use.
[buyer_name] Customer's full name
[buyer_first_name] Customer's first name
[product_name] Product name purchased
[order_id] Amazon Order Id
[feedback_link:your text] Links to Seller Feedback for the order. The link will show "your text".
[product_review_link:your text] Links to leave a product review for the product. The link will show "your text"
[asin] Purchased ASIN. Useful for any additional gaps we don't cover.
9. Click on Upload Attachment if applicable. File size limit is 4MB.
10. On the Message Status, choose among the options below as applicable:
Active - emails ready for sending and will immediately send to BUYERS when triggered
Inactive - emails will not send unless status is changed to "Active"
Test - emails ready for sending but will only be sent to you.
Important Note: Test emails to yourself will not contain links that work because the links require real orders. To test your emails with real orders, set the status to test and we will send emails to you instead of your buyers with real order data.
11. On The Trigger When field, choose between the following options:
After Shipped - sends after the order status is changed to "Shipped".
After Estimated Delivery Date - sends after the order is expected to have already been delivered.
After Order Placed/ Payment Made - this sends as soon as the system sees the order for the first time. Canceled orders will be ignored.
Please note that MySellerPal will send emails for any orders placed within 5 days of the email autoresponder set up.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you leave the "Trigger When" field blank, your emails will not send.
For MFN (Fulfilled by Merchant) orders, it's not possible to get that data for the estimated delivery date. So it is strongly advised to avoid using such trigger and use the other two, namely "After Shipped" and "After Order Placed" instead.
12. Then choose how many days you want your emails to be sent on the Trigger send after how many days field.
Note: Trigger should be at least one or more days. If you leave it blank, your emails will not send.
13. Proceed to click on Update Email Definition.
You can check the details of the emails sent on Email History.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Emails sent will show as sent by Amazon as all emails will go through Amazon Buyer-seller messaging platform where senders and receivers will be assigned a dummy email account that looks like this: